Monday 10 June 2013

Liberation comes

I've just come back to a well needed holiday in The Lake District. It was beautiful.  There's something about the power of nature that just restores you.  It seems to energise you and make you feel at peace with yourself.

The size of the hills, the constant water flow; I don't know, it just makes you feel insignificant. To me, that's comforting. It makes me realise how unimportant I am to the functioning of the world as a whole and that no matter what I do, everything will be ok.

I guess it's a kind of strange logic.  Reading back what I've just written almost seems depressing in itself.  It's not though.  I'm not making any self-depreciating remarks or wallowing in self-pity.  Yes, I do have the responsibility to make the most of my life, contribute what I can and enjoy my time on this earth.  Also, though, I don't matter. I don't need to take a great lump of responsibility because no matter what I do, whether it be good or bad, the world won't end.

It's my duty to do the very best I can with my life, but if I don't? It's not really a major problem.

Philosophical? Yes. Liberating? Definately.

sr xx

No comments:

Post a Comment