Friday 21 June 2013

Volunteering

I went away over the weekend to visit my family in N. Devon. I had a lovely time catching up with everybody and thoroughly enjoyed myself.  The annoying thing is that I managed to forget to take my tablets with me!

I'm back home now and have started taking them again but the result is that I have been left exhausted.  Whether or not it's because I've started taking the tablets again after a gap or the fact that I stopped taking them I do not know.  I've been taking naps during the day to combat the tiredness which over the last six months I've tried to avoid.  There's no way I want to mess up my sleep pattern by beginning to sleep during the day and be awake at night.

I was disappointed that I couldn't work in the nursing home for younger people. I am now beginning to look at other options. The do-it website has loads of volunteering opportunities and I've applied for a few which I think may be interesting.  A local care home for elderly people is looking for someone to read the newspapers to people with sight difficulties, a toddler group is after a person to help set up and tidy away (general help) and there is an adult learning centre looking for some type of teaching assistant.

I thought these sounded right up my alley so I've applied and hope to hear back next week.  It'll feel good to be doing something positive with my life and I'll have to see how it goes. I've been warned not to take too much on board but I figure a couple of hours for roughly 3x mornings a week might serve me well.

I'll keep you updated
sr x

No comments:

Post a Comment