Friday 14 June 2013

Sensitivities

There seems to be some sort of change in me.  Since I found out I was ill I've become super sensitive.  I can't help but worry when others are unhappy or having difficulties.

Some examples,

When on holiday, mother-in-law was having difficulties with one of the walks we were doing.  She was complaining a little, not massively, but it was obvious that she didn't really want to do it.  My partner reasoned with me and said it was her choice to walk with us and she didn't have to do the walk.  He's exactly right.  I spend the whole walk, though, worrying about how annoyed she was, whether she was cross with us for making us walk and whether her holiday was being ruined.

My auntie was complaining about some bits and pieces to me yesterday.  Just little family niggles.  I won't go in to details about this because I don't think it's fair to betray her confidence.  However, I then spent the evening worrying about her.  Whether she was ok, what I could do to help and really fretting about the fact that I couldn't do anything to help her.

I know that on the whole I am a thoughtful person.  I also acknowledge that I am quite sensitive.  What I do find strange though is that these little problems that people are having really effect me on a massive scale.  Recently I've been making myself sick with worry about something so small that the person with the problem definitely worries about it less than I have been!

If anyone has any advice on how to calm my irrational thoughts and over-zealous concern for others then please feel free to comment on this post.  It'd be great to get some more dialogue going to hopefully begin to enrich these posts a little more.

sr x

No comments:

Post a Comment