Monday 27 May 2013

The sun has got his hat on

It is such a beautiful day. What is it about beautiful days that automatically make you feel better? I know that vitamin D is the 'feel good' chemical and releases serotonin which in turn makes you feel good? Walking in beautiful sunshine, gorgeous blue sky just lifts all feeling of depression.

It's almost a case of 'what can possibly go wrong?' when it's a lovely day. This is deceptive though. Lots can go wrong. But not for me. Not today.

The shadow has lifted again. What a frustrating few days it's been. I didn't think this dark period would ever end. How long was it? 5 days? I'm not sure. It makes you wonder what's the point, will this end, how can I achieve this mammoth task of rebuilding my life?

Then all of a sudden, I'm out the other side. The shadow recedes. That's it. It's over again. For now.

Every time I move back into 'the light', back to 'being normal' I hope that the shadow will never return. I keep being told that I must hold the positive times to help me through the difficult periods.

Hopefully both literally and metaphorically the sun will keep his hat on! Literally, the lovely weather definitely helps matters. Metaphorically, if the sun is out the shadow won't take control, it'll only lurk.

Positive day, here's to more!

sr x

No comments:

Post a Comment