Monday 13 May 2013

The third chapter....

Ok, so here goes. I'm going to take the plunge!

This is my first blog post and I'll explain further on why I consider this to be the 'third chapter.'

The intention of this blog is to explore my condition, consider the impact, document my recovery, hopefully enlighten others, etc, etc...

The condition? Clinical depression.

It sucks.

It's been a long journey so far and it's currently been six months since I was first diagnosed. The first step was complete break down. The second chapter; survival. And now? The third chapter...

This is my biggest success. I'm now beginning to pull myself together!

Those of you who have suffered from depression will realise that getting to this stage is no mean feat. In fact, it's been bloody hard work to get this far!!

I've thought a few times before that writing a blog about my journey would be a good idea. Productive, even. It could help me track my mood and take control of this beast. I think the last time I attempted this was in February, I didn't even get as far as signing up for an account!!

This, hopefully, will be it. I need to start thinking about the causes, the consequences and the impact on my life, my family and my friends.

I do hope this blog will eventually help others, I hope it'll help me. This is my journey, let's see how it goes!

sr
x

No comments:

Post a Comment