Tuesday 21 May 2013

Thinking things through

The whole time I've been ill I keep being told that I'm not yet ready for counselling and that all I need to do for the time being is get active and take my medication.

Today is now the day that I will begin my counselling.  I've had an assessment through occupational health and employee support line. I have been given the maximum number of sessions on offer; four face-to-face sessions.

It feels strange to thing that at 2pm today I will have to bare my soul. Begin to discuss the origins of my depression and start considering what it is about me that has given me this illness.  I have a feeling that it is going to be hard. The challenge will be having to open up about myself and start thinking about things in more detail.

I don't feel that I  have a negative frame of mind. I'm pretty sure that I have an optimistic outlook and a postive disposition. I guess we'll soon see!

sr x

No comments:

Post a Comment